- 1 lb of spicey sausage
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 cans of beans various beans of your choice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons caynne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- If using ground sausage, break into small pieces. If using sausage in a casing, slice into 1/2 inch coins.
- In stock pot, saute sausage, onion and garlic in the olive oil until sausage is browned over medium heat (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Deglaze pan by adding 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Add the beans.
- Stir in spices, pepper sauce and soy sauce and simmer for 30 minutes to incorporate the flavors and heat the soup.